On my College Freedom blog is my essay responding to an earlier article by Peter Wood and Ashley Thorne of the NAS regarding Erskine College firing Bill Crenshaw. I also did a short interview with Bill Crenshaw.
Joe Berry also has more COCAL Updates:
1. Santa Fe CC (NM) colleagues at Occupy demonstration [some great signs]
5. Proposal to expand Occupy Wall Street to Occupy Academia (from a historian, of course).
6. Workplace: A journal of academic labor has a new issue out. Including articles from CSU Northridge (CA) about proletarianization of academic labor and another on part-time workers’ exploitation in higher eduction.
7. Student banned from Catawba Valley CC (NC) after protesting universities credit card deal [the link between our lack of academic freedom and that of our students could not be clearer]. Charges have now been dropped.
8. Many Occupy Colleges actions.