2. Google has always been there, in its founding words, “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible.”
3. They have never licked a postage stamp.
14. Cell phones have become so ubiquitous in class that teachers don’t know which students are using them to take notes and which ones are planning a party.
17. If you say “around the turn of the century,” they may well ask you, “which one?”
24. When they were born, cell phone usage was so expensive that families only used their large phones, usually in cars, for emergencies.
27. Teachers have always had to insist that term papers employ sources in addition to those found online.
32. TheLion King has always been on Broadway.
42. Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic have always been members of NATO.
43. Humans have always had implanted radio frequency ID chips—slightly larger than a grain of rice.
44. TV has always been in such high definition that they could see the pores of actors and the grimaces of quarterbacks.
46. The proud parents recorded their first steps on camcorders, mounted on their shoulders like bazookas.
48. Amoco gas stations have steadily vanished from the American highway.
50. …and there has always been a Beloit College Mindset List.
The complete list is available at: https://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2019/