BY RYAN RIDEAU
Guest blogger Ryan Rideau is a Ph.D. Candidate in the Higher Education program at Virginia Tech.
I am currently working on my dissertation that examines the experiences of non-tenure track faculty members of color at predominantly White institutions of higher education. I am seeking participants for this dissertation. Participation in this study requires individuals to meet all eligibility requirements and take part in one 90-minute interview over Skype, Google Hangout, or FaceTime. Interview questions will center on your experiences with racism and other forms of systemic oppression as a non-tenure-track faculty member of color. To be eligible for this study you must meet the following criteria:
- Identify with one of the following groups: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian or Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian, or Two or More Races;
- Work at a four-year, historically/predominantly White, institution of higher education;
- Currently not eligible for tenure;
- Have current responsibilities that involve instruction;
- Be in at least your second academic term (Quarter/Semester) at your institution; and
- Be seeking a more permanent academic contract or tenure-track position.
If you are interested in participating in this study, I ask that you please complete a short survey found at the following link: https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9vHznnDx1Wp00yF. The survey should take 5-10 minutes to complete.
Once you complete the survey, you will be contacted about setting up a time for a formal interview. Participation in this study is voluntary. All identification will be kept confidential.The results of this interview may be included in the findings of the study. No identifying information will be shared with anyone other than the researcher.
This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Virginia Tech. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would like to thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.
Ph.D. Candidate, Higher Education Program